A username and password is required to access restricted areas on the Luther Seminary website and to access Luther Seminary email. Official correspondence from the seminary is sent to Luther email accounts. New students are sent a username and an initial password by email from the Admissions office, which should be changed upon receipt, using the instructions below.
Change your password
- Go to https://account.luthersem.edu/
- Enter your username and current password in the Sign In box
(Your username does not include @luthersem.edu.)
- Enter the new password twice
(It must be at least 8 characters long, and contain 3 of the 4: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, at least one number, a symbol. It cannot contain your name or user name).
- Click the Change Password button and you are done
Recover your Password
We have a self-service method for students and alum to recover your password. To reset it on your own, you can set up an alternate email address connected to your @luthersem.edu account.
- Register your alternate email address by following the steps here: https://weblogin.luthersem.edu/login.php?alternate. Once you change your alternate email, you can go to the link listed below to reset your password.
- Forgot your password? We can send a reset link to your alternate email address https://account.luthersem.edu/. A message will tell you if your password change was successful. If so, you may use it to login. Note that your password is case sensitive.
Keep in mind you can only use the reset link if you have an alternate email address registered.
- Your Luther Seminary password expires 300 days from the last time it was changed. If you fail to change your password before it expires, you will need to contact the Help Desk.
- An automatic notification is sent to your Luther email account starting 30 days before your password expires.
- Users cannotuse an expired password to create a new working password.
Contact Help Desk
If you have tried the above steps and they don’t work, then
Please call the Luther Seminary IT Help Desk at (651) 641-3462
Or send an email from a working email account to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your password be reset.
IT Helpdesk personnel will need to know your name and your student ID number to reset your password.