As part of the Office of Technology’s routine software maintenance an update to Global Protect VPN client was released 3/1/2021. Users are prompted to install the update if they are running the old client and attempt to connect. After the update is complete some users are unable to connect to the VPN. To resolve this issue users should clear out any previously saved portals and credentials using the steps below.
- In your system tray click on the Global Protect icon
- In the Global Protect window click the Menu button in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- Select any existing connections and choose Delete
- Click Add and enter gp-vpn.luthersem.edu as the portal address. Click Save.
- Close the Window.
- In the system tray click the Global Protect icon and choose Connect.
- Enter your Luther Seminary username and password. (If using a hardware token or temporary passcode you’ll enter it here.) Click Sign In. (Note – the portal may be displayed as Corp VPN for some users. That’s ok)
- Duo Mobile users w will receive a push notification on your phone to Approve this sign in. More information about Multi Factor Authentication with Duo Mobile
iPhone Users: Not getting Duo Mobile notifications? Make sure you’ve enabled notifications on your phone.
Questions? Contact the helpdesk.