How to keep your account secure:
- Never accept an unsolicited push request
- If you lose your phone or mobile device, contact Helpdesk@luthersem.edu immediately.
What to do if you are locked out:
- Wait 15 minutes for the lockout to reset or contact Helpdesk. To prevent future lockouts make sure to enable notifications on your phone
iPhone troubleshooting instructions:
- To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don’t get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:
- Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you’re not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.
If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications. More information about notification on iPhone
Android Troubleshooting Instructions
Important: Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
Option 1: In your Settings app
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications and then Notifications.
- Under “Recently sent,” find apps that recently sent you notifications.
- To find more apps, tap See all.
- Tap Advanced.
You can turn off all notifications for a listed app. To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app’s name.
Tip: If you don’t see “Recently sent,” you’re using an older Android version. Instead, tap App notifications and tap an app. You can turn notifications, notification dots, and notification categories on or off. If an app has categories, you can tap a category for more options.
Option 2: Enable in Notifications
- To find your notifications, from the top of your phone screen, swipe down.
- Touch and hold the notification, and then tap Settings .
- Choose your settings:
- To turn off all notifications, tap Notifications off.
- Turn on or off notifications you want to receive.
- To allow notification dots, tap Advanced, then turn them on.
If you are expecting a notification and do not see one, manually launch your Duo app
- How to prevent lockouts
- Don’t save VPN password
Saving the VPN password could cause the VPN to try and reconnect after a timeout connection causing a lockout.
- Disconnect VPN when not in use
- Download / verify latest config file