In this devotion, Jeff Sorenson ’83 M.Div., ’08 D.Min. reflects on the human tendency to presume to take God’s place. Read today’s God Pause.
Archives for September 30, 2022
The criminal justice system in the US is more and more organized around punitive notions of justice. Violence is often met with violence. Yet in the Twin Cities we have lots of experience with restorative practices that draw on principles of nonviolence. Join us at 11:30 a.m. today for a panel discussion with Brenda Burnside, Randi Roth, and Mary Hess where we will introduce the concept of restorative justice. Sponsored by INVITE at Luther Seminary (Integrating Nonviolence into Theological Education) and Interfaith Action. RSVP for the Zoom link.
11:00am Friday, September 30
Hymn Sing! Come sing along with friends as they share their favorite hymns!
We are unable to fill out and deliver food shelf orders this week on Friday, September 30. We will be back next week, business as usual October 7. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Dear Luther Seminary Community,
We the Commissioners of the 2022 Fall Election commend to you these winners of the Student Representatives Election:
- Residential MDiv Junior – Erik Nelson
- Residential MDiv Middler – Sarah Bauer
- Residential MDiv Senior – Hans Lundquist
- Distributed Learning MDiv Junior – Katie Weiland
- Distributed Learning MDiv Middler – Francisco Concepción
- Distributed Learning MDiv Senior – D.J. Chatelaine
- Internship – Trevor Skorburg
- Residential MA Professional Programs – Alyssa Saleem
- Residential MA Academic Programs – Jacob Summerville
- Distributed Learning MA Professional Programs – Claire Meyer
- Distributed Learning MA Academic Programs – VACANT
- MDivX – VACANT (Subsequent Election will be planned for late nomination acceptance)
- Master of Theology – Esther K. Sianipar
- Doctoral Programs – VACANT
- International Students – Anoop David Entrapati
- Ecumenical Students – Tawk Lian
- BIPOC Students – Chantal Branker
- LGBTQIA+ – Stephanie Newman
Please join us in prayers for wisdom and a message of congratulations for this year’s Student Council.
Rosalie Brunner and Lucas Byl (2022 Fall Election Commissioners)
As was shared last week, I have been called as the pastor of hybrid ministry at Lutheran Church of Peace in Maplewood, MN and will be ordained as a pastor in the ELCA on October 8, 2022 at 10:30 am (Central) at Luther Seminary’s Chapel of the Incarnation. Bishop Patricia Lull will be presiding and Dr. Kristine Stache will be preaching.
I want to extend a personal invitation to the whole Luther community to attend and celebrate with me and the church. Luther Seminary has played a key role in forming me as a Christian public leader and it would be a joy to have students, staff, and faculty share this important day with me. Please consider coming. Rostered leaders are invited to vest and everyone is encouraged to wear red, the color of the day.
If you cannot come to campus, we are working on a virtual option, more information to come next week.