Luther Seminary’s student run newspaper, The Concord, is calling for editors, and writers to pitch their article ideas for the coming semester. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! If interested, please email Emelie Clements email@example.com!
Archives for September 14, 2022
In this devotion, William Waxenberg ’69 M.Div. writes about praying for our leaders. Read today’s God Pause.
If you have recently completed internship and/or are anticipating entering the First Call process in the ELCA this Fall/Winter, please plan to join this info session! You are invited to join in the conversation 12-1:30 p.m. Central September 15 (via Zoom). RSVP using this form for the Zoom link.
Questions? Please email Ashley Wheeler, Associate Director of Candidacy and Vocational Formation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are so proud to welcome the new entering student body cohort for Fall 2022! Many of our new students have contributed to the 2022 New Student Slideshow—check it out and meet your new community members!
Staff and faculty are excited to welcome students on campus for the Residential Focused Sessions (RFS) that begin Friday, September 16th and Wednesday, September 21st. As we come together in community with COVID-19 still among us, we want to share our COVID procedures and encourage some basic practices in order to make this time as welcoming as possible.
1. Masks and COVID-19 tests will be available free of charge at the Operations Desk in Olson Campus Center.
2. Everyone is encouraged to test for COVID-19 prior to coming to campus and during the RFS if not feeling well.
3. Students who test positive for COVID-19 should contact Dean of Students Leon Rodrigues, email@example.com or via text at (651) 300-3537.
3. Faculty who test positive for COVID-19 should contact Dean of the Faculty Rolf Jacobson or Dean of Academic Affairs Terri Elton, firstname.lastname@example.org or via text 651-338-4319 (Jacobson) or 612-865-9531 (Elton).
4. Staff who test positive for COVID-19 should contact their supervisor.
5. Students who need special accommodations for the intensive portion of the RFS should email the email@example.com at least 2 days before the session begins. MDivX students can contact Jody Nyenhuis directly.
6. Masks are not required while on-campus, but are encouraged inside buildings.
For more COVID-19 information see pages 5-7 in the Fall Term 2022 RFS FAQ document provided for students.
The RIC committee of Luther Seminary would be happy to answer questions about RIC, our goals, and hear your concerns or ideas. Committee members who are able to talk will be wearing buttons with a rainbow on it and text that reads “Ask us about RIC!” on a black background to help you find us! We wish you all a wonderful start to your semester!