In this devotion, Barb Haugerud ’92 M.Div. reflects on the assurance that God never abandons God’s people. Read today’s God Pause.
Archives for January 16, 2023
Winter Intensives Schedule—What’s Happening Today and Tomorrow (CORRECTED)
Here’s the schedule of Intensive Week activities for today and tomorrow. For complete details, see the January 2023 Intensive Schedule and FAQ Document.
Monday, January 16, 2023
- Campus Closed in Recognition of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 6:30–8:30 p.m.—Off Campus Event: Beer and Hymns with the Fleshpots of Egypt (including Dean Rolf Jacobson) playing at the Dubliner Pub in St. Paul
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- All Day: Eco Faith Stuff Swap
- 8:00–10:50 a.m.—Second Intensive Classes on Campus
- GH 306: OT 0120/Prophets and Poetry (Howard)
- GH 104: ST 0440/The Triune God and the World (Malcolm)
- GH 103: LD 0505/Theological Frameworks for Ministry II (Root)
- GH 3: CL 4550/Travel – Missional Church in Context (Anderson)
- GH 101: CL 4567 /Funding Forward – Leading to Financial Sustainability (Pomroy)
- 11:00–11:25 a.m.—Chapel
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.—Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30–5:20 p.m.—Intensive Classes
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. —Speed Friending with Student Council in OCC (snacks provided)
“Fleshpots of Egypt” Hymn Sing TONIGHT 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Get your singing voices ready! The Luther Seminary community is invited to “Hymntap at the Dubliner” with the Fleshpots of Egypt, featuring our own Dr. Rolf A. Jacobson, tonight from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Hymntap is a hymn sing in a secular setting—an Irish-American pub, the Dubliner (corner of University and Vandalia). Some call this “beer and hymns.” Students Services will be providing Toppers pizza for those who prefer “pizza and hymns.” (Gluten free and vegan options available.) The music is okay, the singing is better, and the fellowship is the best.
Luther Library’s New Books Celebrating Martin Luther King’s Life and Legacy
On this “MLK Day” and the week following, Luther Library offers a wide arange of bibliographic resources on King’s life and legacy, especially these new book titles on MLK. Note also the New Book List that features two brand new titles by Luther Sem Faculty, Amy Marga and Jennifer Wojciechowski.