In this devotion, Robert Hansen ’72 M.Div. writes about listening to Jesus. Read today’s God Pause.
Archives for February 17, 2023
Friday, February 17, 2023
5:15–6:15 p.m.—Free pre-ordered meal: root beer, pizza, and hymn sing
6:30–8:20 p.m.—RFS classes on campus
- OCC 10: SG0705 Scripture and Its Witnesses (Fredrickson/Howard)
- GH 103: ST0440 The Triune God and the World (Malcolm)
- GH 101: EL4561 Women in Ministry (Dreier)
- GH 104: LD4535 Faith Mission Practice within Communities (Thomason)
Saturday, February 18, 2023
8:00–10:50 a.m.—RFS classes
11:00–11:25 a.m.—Chapel: Mort Meyenberg, M.Div. senior
11:30–12:30 p.m.—Lunch on your own (local restaurants offering discounts
12:30–4:20 p.m.—RFS classes
5:00–7:00 p.m.—Station 280 takeover (appetizers provided by Student Affairs)
Welcome to the February RFS! We gather in the Chapel of the Incarnation and online for Chapel. On Thursday, we gather in the OCC Dining Room and on Zoom.
- 5:15-6:15 p.m. Friday, February 17 in OCC Dining Room before evening RFS class—Root Beer, Pizza, and Hymns led by Andy Pokel and Hans Lundquist
- 11 a.m. Saturday, February 18—Service of the Word. Preacher: Mort Meyenburg, M.Div. senior
- No Sunday morning chapel service. For local services, please see our Ash Wednesday service document and follow the website links for worship information
- 11 a.m. Monday, February 20—Service of the Word. Preacher: Dwight Zscheile, Vice President of Innovation and Professor of Congregational Mission and Leadership
- 11 a.m. Wednesday, February 22—Service of Holy Communion x Ash Wednesday Service. Preacher: Jeni Grangaard, Seminary Pastor. For local Ash Wednesday service offerings, please see this document
- 11 a.m. Thursday, February 23—Lunch Church x Why Jesus. Speaker: Jeni Grangaard, Seminary Pastor
- 11 a.m. Friday, February 24—Lenten Morning Prayer. Leader: Hans Lundquist, M.Div. senior
- 11 a.m. Saturday, February 25—Service of the Word. Preacher: Mary Hess, Professor of Educational Leadership
On Friday, Feb. 17th (today), after chapel, there will be a gathering of people interested in small town and rural ministry in the Olson Campus Center cafeteria. Look for the tables in the back of the room. There will be a sign to help you find us. If you are interested in or curious about how to learn more about small town and rural ministry, join us for conversation. We will hold another gathering during RFS 2 in a room where we can also have a Zoom link to connect with distributed students who can not attend one of these gatherings. Contact Pr. Jon Anderson email@example.com or Rural Ministry Fellow Nathan Adu-Gyamfi firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ADA automatic door opener push pad for the outside west doors of Gullixson Hall is out of service. The interior ADA push pad is working. The repair of this opener is a high priority.
Join us for Root Beer and Hymns (and Pizza) tonight!
5:15 – 6:15pm in the Olson Campus Center (OCC)
Free meal to kick off the Spring RFS Session!
Students, Staff & Faculty are all welcome and encouraged to join!