In this devotion, Robert Hansen ’72 M.Div. reflects on being guided by the Holy Spirit as we seek to interpret God’s word for us in our lives. Read today’s God Pause.
Archives for February 15, 2023
Online Trivia TODAY
Trivia day is here! Join us virtually at 12 p.m. CST to play in a battle of wits. You and your team of 4 (create teams beforehand or be randomly assigned) will compete for fabulous prizes—a $5 gift certificate to any national brand of your choosing per winning team player. This is open to all student, staff and faculty. DL, residential, and commuters welcome! See email for link.
Questions? Contact Natalie (email@example.com) or Community Life (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rural Ministry Lunches
On Friday, February 17, after chapel, there will be a gathering of people interested in small town and rural ministry in the Olson Campus Center cafeteria. Look for the tables in the back of the room. There will be a sign to help you find us. If you are interested in or curious about how to learn more about small town and rural ministry, join us for conversation. We will hold another gathering during RFS 2 in a room where we can also have a Zoom link to connect with distributed students who can not attend one of these gatherings. Contact Pr. Jon Anderson at email@example.com or Rural Ministry Fellow Nathan Adu-Gyamfi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post Evangelical Meet-Up with Prof. Steve Thomason
All students are invited to the Post-Evangelical Meet Up with Prof. Steve Thomason, Sunday, February 19 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. This event will offer a chance for students with experience in evangelical or fundamentalist faith traditions to share their experiences and to unpack together why we have moved away from those traditions and what things we might still cherish from them. The event will be held in person in Gullixson 102 (with free pizza!) and via Zoom (see email for link). Contact Lauren Mildahl (lmildahl001) with questions!
Chapel Schedule for February RFS
Welcome to the February RFS! We gather in the Chapel of the Incarnation and online for Chapel. On Thursday, we gather in the OCC Dining Room and on Zoom.
- (Time TBD) Friday, February 17 in OCC Dining Room before evening RFS class—Root Beer, Pizza, and Hymns led by Andy Pokel and Hans Lundquist
- 11 a.m. Saturday, February 18—Service of the Word. Preacher: Mort Meyenburg, M.Div. senior
- No Sunday morning chapel service. For local services, please see our Ash Wednesday service document and follow the website links for worship information
- 11 a.m. Monday, February 20—Service of the Word. Preacher: Dwight Zscheile, Vice President of Innovation and Professor of Congregational Mission and Leadership
- 11 a.m. Wednesday, February 22—Service of Holy Communion x Ash Wednesday Service. Preacher: Jeni Grangaard, Seminary Pastor. For local Ash Wednesday service offerings, please see this document
- 11 a.m. Thursday, February 23—Lunch Church x Why Jesus. Speaker: Jeni Grangaard, Seminary Pastor
- 11 a.m. Friday, February 24—Lenten Morning Prayer. Leader: Hans Lundquist, M.Div. senior
- 11 a.m. Saturday, February 25—Service of the Word. Preacher: Mary Hess, Professor of Educational Leadership
Student Favorite: Salary and Benefits Negotiation Webinar
When? Tuesday evening, February 28 from 6:00–8:30 p.m. central time
Where? On Zoom – Register Here.
How do you discuss salary and benefits when you have a job offer? The goal of this offering is to give students looking ahead to a career in Christian Public Leadership the tools they need to respectfully discuss and negotiate their salary and benefits. This webinar will also touch on the challenges some Christian Public Leaders may face when negotiating because of their gender-identity, race, sexuality, or any other identity they hold.
There are two distinct parts to this webinar – one for all leaders and one geared specifically for pastors and deacons.
Questions? Contact Arlene Flancher (email@example.com) or Grace Pomroy (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Stewardship Leaders Program.