As of November 1, 2019 the following items are being worked on specifically for the moves out of Northwestern Hall and Stub Hall:
- Adding a sever room to GXH
- Re-routing Fiber-optic cables from NWH
- Improving Networking throughout the buildings
- Improving WiFi access
- Adding natural gas to GXH
- Improvements to hallway lighting
- Painting rooms/closets and hallways
- Patching walls and ceilings where needed
- Improvement of office lighting
- Improvement of air circulation
- Building shelving into closets if needed
- Improving community kitchens (adding a small kitchen space on BH 2nd floor)
- Improving exterior lighting
- Contracting/scheduling movers
- Moving furniture
- Recycling and\or shredding files & books
- Moving Art/Archive pieces to storage
- Preparing external storage areas with shelving
- Re-purposing houses into short-term housing
- Moving individual department items to ‘long-term’ storage
- Elevator access for 3rd floor BH (student housing) by ID access only
- Securing 3rd floor BH (student housing)
- Curb removal for shop parking near the north side of Bockman – DONE!
- Fire door transfer on second floor – DONE!
- Assessing how best to dispose of unwanted furniture/items (stay tuned….)
If you have questions about any/all of this information please contact Ellen Elhard email@example.com or Heidi Albers firstname.lastname@example.org Also, as you have ideas and suggestions, please let us know. In the meantime…
- Review your assigned space for size and what will fit.
- Desks or tables. Bring your chair. Chair mat?
- What files do you need daily? What can be in a central storage area on-site? What can be shredded or scanned? What can go into off-campus storage?
- Tech equipment: Computer/Laptop, monitor(s), scanner, special-printer, etc.
- Access to community refrigeration for medicines, Mother’s Room, etc.
- Packing boxes / Packing labels will be delivered to your department two weeks before your scheduled move date.
- Tape colors – blue throw; green keep/save. Ask for more if needed!
- Kitchen / lunch set ups – community coffee stations with air pots will be available in BH & GXH.
- Water bottle fillers are stationed on each floor of BH & GXH.
- BH116 booked for classes through January 2020 – then available as a community room.
- Keys for individual office doors will be available when you move.
- Access for 3rd floor BH (student housing) will be by ID access only.
- Improvements are still being made to BH; use caution as you move about and look at various areas.
- Staff meeting spaces and rooms: BH7, BH114, BH101, BH232, GXH 3, GXH 307
- Shred-It boxes & printers will be moved and available as per plans
- Gradually all classes/departments will be on the south side of campus; watch for maps/announcements so you know where things are located.
The upcoming ‘move’ calendar, Nov – Feb, is as follows: (Please note that there are a few other moves not yet scheduled.)
October – Mary Hess – Faculty (to BH104B)
November 21 – Bill Silva-Breen – Financial Aid (to OCC 204)
• The Financial Aid Office will be closed Thursday, November 21 and Friday, November 22 as they relocate to Olson Campus Center.
November 25 – Catherine Malotky – Stewardship (to BH 246)
December 2 – Contextual Learning/Candidacy (to BH237-242)
• The Contextual Learning / Candidacy Office will be closed Nov 27 prior to Thanksgiving break (Nov 28-29) and also Dec 2-3.
December 9 – Business Office (to BH 204, 205, 220)
• The Business Office will be closed Thursday, December 5 through Wednesday, December 11 as they relocate to Bockman Hall.
December 16 – Lifelong Learning (to BH 223-235)
• The Lifelong Learning Office will be closed Thursday, December 12 open as soon as they are able to after the move.
January 2 – Graduate Theological Education (GTE)/Jeni Mullenix (to BH111)
January 8 – Terri Elton – Faculty (to BH104C)
January 9 – VP Administration and Finance/Michael Morrow (to BH130C)
January 13 – Admissions (to OCC100)
January 21 – Office of the President/Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office (to GH105-108)
January 27 – Registrar’s Office (to BH112-113)
February 3 – Payroll/HR (to BH118, BH124)
February 11 – Student Affairs/International Student and Scholar Affairs (to BH201-203, BH238, BH248, BH249)
February 17 – Academic Dean’s Office (to BH105, BH111)
May 2020 – Seminary Relations/Development (to BH207-219)