On May 15, 2019, President Robin Steinke released an update regarding the renovations for the campus of the future. Please watch the video carefully. Key points from the video are included below.
- We continue to make good progress with Master Properties on the sale of the lower campus and Bockman.
- The main development is that the renovation schedule for the upper campus has changed: this will now happen on a timeline based on fundraising, not the calendar.
Why it’s changing
- In April, we received loan terms that required too much financial risk.
- Together with the board, President Steinke decided not to move forward with the loan in order to remain good stewards of our assets and to live into our commitment to fiscal responsibility and sustainability.
- The new milestone is that renovations on the upper campus will begin when we have raised 60 percent of the funds required for each building.
What this means for you
- Now until summer 2020, most buildings, including Gullixson, Olson, Northwestern, and Stub, will remain as-is.
- Augsburg PA is moving off campus in August.
- For those in Bockman, we are working on an updated renovation timeline and will let you know by mid-June whether or not you’ll definitively need to vacate Bockman in August.
- There are no changes whatsoever to housing; if you’ve signed a lease through May 2020, it will continue to be in effect as before.