Technology Moves FAQ – November 2019
Before the Move:
Make sure important files are always kept on network folder or google drive.
Place GREEN tape and your name on anything you want to keep/move with you to your new space.
Place BLUE tape on anything you do not want to keep/move with you.
OOT staff will consult with each department to make sure locks are removed from desktops, etc.
OOT staff is busy:
- Making sure network cabling is available and working in each BH or OCC office.
- Installing any new network cables (particularly for those who are going to be sharing an office).
- Checking WiFi connectivity in Bockman.
Facilities staff is busy:
- Painting, adding lighting and flooring, cleaning, etc.
- Measuring furniture that will move with you; providing sample floor plans before you move into your new space to make sure everything fits.
- Removing items you no longer need or want to move with you (marked by blue tape).
If you have a laptop; you may move it yourself with any personal bags/belongings.
If you have a desktop computer, it will be packed for you by Luther staff.
All monitors will be moved/packed for you by Luther staff.
Monitors and desktops – as well as the monitor stands if you have one – will be packed and moved by the Luther staff on moving day. (Make sure there is green tape on them and that they are labeled for your office.)
Phones will be packed and moved by the Luther staff on your moving day.
We expect movers will be in your offices by 7 or 8am on your chosen moving day. Please have everything ready to go by that time or the day before.
- Will move your technology equipment (aside from your laptop).
- Will be available to assist you in checking network cables and hooking up your equipment.
- Will have extra cables/cords/etc. to distribute as needed.
- Will be available to assist with moving furniture into preferred locations.
Other Technology Related Information:
Printers are being inventoried and will be moved to pre-selected locations. There will be FEWER printers than currently exist at Luther. Printers will be ID-release / Follow Me which means that each employee can print anything to any networked printer. Your print job will run only after your ID is scanned at whatever printer location you go to. If you need to print something on anything but 8×11 white paper, you can bring the specialized paper with you or there will likely be cabinets/storage near each printer to house the most common paper types/colors.
Additional / New Copier/Printer Locations (subject to change):
- Bockman Second Floor
- Main hallway near Seminary Relations
- Middle hallway closet area by Lifelong Learning
- Main hallway near Student Affairs/Contextual Learning
- Bockman First Floor
- Middle hallway outside of BH116 (current)
- Bockman Lower Level
- Hallway outside of OOT by BH 7
- Gullixson Hall First Floor
- President’s Office Reception area by Gina Lotzer
- Gullixson Hall Second Floor
- Faculty room (current)
- Library Common room (current)
Existing network cables will stay in place wherever they enter the office. If they need to be run around to the other side of an office depending on furniture placement, you may tape/tidy them as needed. Request tape if you chose to do this via Work Request form.
Several departments have special need for scanning (business office) or printers (transcripts), etc. and those are being accommodated. If we have not yet talked to you about specialized technology, please let us know ASAP.
Phones will be packed and moved with you. OOT staff will make technical changes administratively to note new locations for 911 calls, etc. after you have moved.
Any whiteboards that need to be moved will be hung up AFTER the move when you’ve settled into your new space. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email any of us your questions. You can also email email@example.com before or after your move to get help with your technology needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with building materials, lighting, furniture, etc. Email Ellen Elhard email@example.com or Heidi Albers firstname.lastname@example.org