As of December 20, 2019 the following items are being worked on specifically for the moves out of Northwestern Hall and Stub Hall:
• Adding a sever room to GXH • Re-routing Fiber-optic cables from NWH • Improving Networking throughout the buildings • Improving WiFi access • Adding natural gas to GXH – DONE • Improvement to hallway lighting – DONE • Patching walls and ceilings where needed • Painting rooms/closets and hallways • Improvement of office lighting • Improvement of air circulation • Building shelving into closets as needed • Improving community kitchens (adding a small kitchen space on BH 2nd floor) – DONE • Contracting/scheduling movers • Moving furniture • Recycling and\or shredding files • Moving Art/Archive pieces to storage • Preparing external storage areas with shelving • Re-purposing houses into short-term housing (3 houses) • Moving individual department items to ‘long-term’ storage • Elevator access for 3rd floor BH (student housing) by ID access only • Securing 3rd floor BH (student housing) • Opening fire-doors on BH 2nd • Curbing removal for shop parking near the north side of Bockman – DONE • Fire door transfer on second floor – DONE • Assessing how best to dispose of unwanted furniture/items (stay tuned….)
We’ve attached a ‘move’ calendar, Jan & Feb, as it currently stands. We have several other moves yet to be applied to the calendar. If you have questions about any/all of this information please contact Ellen Elhard firstname.lastname@example.org or Heidi Albers email@example.com
Things to remember……as we move forward.
• Packing boxes / Packing labels will be delivered to your department two weeks before your scheduled move date. • Tape colors – blue throw; green keep/save. Ask for more if needed! • Label your phone • Green tape your waste and recycling baskets • Green tape your chair mat • Review your assigned space for size and what will fit. • Desks or tables. Label your chair. Chair mat? Label that too. • What files do you need daily? What can be in a central storage area on-site? What can be shredded or scanned? What can go into off-campus storage? • Tech equipment is being moved by the IT department: green label Computer/Laptop, monitor(s), scanner, special-printer, phone, etc. • Access is available to community refrigeration for medicines, Mother’s Room, etc. • Kitchen / lunch set ups – community coffee stations with air pots will be available in BH & GXH. • Water bottle fillers are stationed on most floors of BH & GXH. • BH116 is booked for classes in January 2020 – then it will be converted to a community room. • Keys for individual office doors will be available when you move. Current keys will be collected. • Improvements are still being made to BH; use caution as you move about and look at various areas. • Staff meeting spaces and rooms: BH7, BH114, BH101, BH232, BH 236, GXH 3, GXH 307. • Shredding service & printer service will be moved and available as per floor plans. • Gradually all classes/departments will be on the south side of campus; watch for maps/announcements so you know where people and services are located. • Access for 3rd floor BH (student housing) will be by ID access only.
Moves scheduled for January 2020:
* January 6 – GTE & Jennifer Mullenix (BH111)
* January 8 – Terri Elton (BH104C)
* January 9 – HR/Payroll & Cindie Olson (BH118 & BH124)
* January 13 – Admissions (OCC100)
* January 18 – Michael Chan (BH121)
* January 21 – Offices of the President & Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (GH105-108)
* January 27 – Office of the Registrar (BH112-113)
* February 10 – MDIVX & Jody Nyenhuis (GH302)
* February 11 – Student Affairs (BH201-203, 238, 248-249) – Offices will be closed February 7-12 as they relocate to Bockman Hall.
* February 17 – Academic Dean & Leslie Ortiz (BH107-109)
* February 25 – Michael Morrow (BH129)