Student Council is a student-elected body of representatives who advocate for high-quality community, academic and student life at the seminary. Student Council meets monthly as a full council and typically one other time a month in smaller action teams.
Meetings are open to all who care to join, and each officially recognized student group is allowed to have one member as a representative to the council to join in voting on important decisions. Main council duties include empowering students by giving them a voice and offering support to student groups.
Meetings are open to the student body.
Meetings for 2020-21
- The second Monday of every month at 3:00 p.m.
- Minutes from previous meetings are in a shared Google document; you must be logged into your Luther Seminary g-mail account to access it.
Student Council Representatives for 2020-21
- President – Zachary Erickson
- Vice President – Stanley Ayashim
- Secretary – Anna Ferro
- Treasurer – Gabriella Conkin
- Residential MDiv Junior – Mollie Varpness
- Residential MDiv Middler – Austin Krohnke
- Distributed Learning MDiv Junior – Benji Fowler
- Distributed Learning MDiv Middler – Sawyer Vanden Heuvel
- Distributed Learning MDiv Senior – Vera Wallican
- MDiv Interns – Madeline Burbank
- Residential MA Professional Program – Katie O’Connell
- Residential MA Academic Programs – Ben Cox
- MDivX – Rebecca Hauer (Rebekah Jordan)
- Master of Theology – Zing Ei
- Ecumenical Students – Ayodele Stephen Ode
- International Students – Simon Bludo
- LGBTQIA+ Students – Stephanie Newman
- Students of Color – Emilia Hurst
On May 13, 2020, an updated Student Council Constitution was approved by the student body via Referendum and adopted via motion by the Student Council. You must be logged into your Luther Seminary g-mail account to access it.
All students/student groups can request Student Council funds for events and activities throughout the academic year via this form. Contact the Student Council Treasurer at email@example.com with questions.