Student Council is a student-elected body of representatives who advocate for high-quality community, academic and student life at the seminary. Student Council meets monthly as a full council and typically one other time a month in smaller action teams.
Meetings are open to all who care to join, and each officially recognized student group is allowed to have one member as a representative to the council to join in voting on important decisions. Main council duties include empowering students by giving them a voice and offering support to student groups.
Meetings are open to the student body.
Meetings for 2019-20
- Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at 2:00 p.m.
Minutes from previous meetings are in a shared Google document; you must be logged into your Luther Seminary account to access it.
Student Council Representatives for 2019-20
- Alex Ohman, President
- Chad Rademacher, Vice-President
- Bergen Nelson, Secretary
- Sara (Martin) Gorman, Treasurer
- Devin Ames, Residential MDiv Junior Rep.
- Corina Forcey, Residential MDiv Middler Rep.
- Amy Janssen, Residential MDiv Senior Rep.
- Edward Ruble, Distributed Learning MDiv Rep.
- Jessica Gulseth, Distributed Learning MDiv Rep.
- Sarah Jones, Distributed Learning MDiv Rep.
- Nicholas Schoob, Interns Rep.
- Dustin Haider, MDivX Rep.
- Esther Sianipar, Residential MA Professional Rep.
- Zachary Erickson, Residential MA Academic Rep.
- Janice Gonoe, ThM and International Students Rep.
- Kelly Sherman-Conroy, Doctoral Program Rep.
- Stanley Ayashim, Ecumenical Students Rep.
In the Spring of 2017, the student body approved changes to the constitution:
All students/student groups can request Student Council funds for events and activities throughout the academic year via this form. Contact the Student Council Treasurer at email@example.com with questions.