Student Council is a student-elected body of representatives who advocate for high-quality community, academic and student life at the seminary. Student Council meets monthly as a full council and typically one other time a month in smaller action teams.
Meetings are open to all who care to join, and each officially recognized student group is allowed to have one member as a representative to the council to join in voting on important decisions. Main council duties include empowering students by giving them a voice and offering support to student groups.
Meetings are open to the student body.
Meetings for 2021-22
- The first Monday of each month with the exception of January, at 3:00 p.m. Central.
- Minutes from previous meetings are in a shared Google folder; you must be logged into your Luther Seminary g-mail account to access it.
Student Council Representatives
- President – Esther K. Sianipar
- Vice President – Ben Cox
- Secretary – Emilie Clements
- Treasurer – Benji Fowler
- Residential M.Div. Junior – Lauren Mildahl
- Residential M.Div. Middler – Daniel O’Brien
- Residential M.Div. Senior – Benjamin Nelson
- Distributed Learning M.Div. Junior – vacant
- Distributed Learning M.Div. Middler – Francisco Concepción
- Distributed Learning M.Div. Senior – vacant
- M.Div. Interns – David Nelson
- Residential M.A. Academic Programs – vacant
- Residential M.A. Professional Programs – Lusungu Msigwa
- Distributed Learning M.A. Academic Programs – vacant
- Distributed Learning M.A. Professional Programs – vacant
- M.Div.X – Mark Abelsen
- Th.M. – Zing Ei
- Doctoral – Venicious F. Reeves
- Ecumenical Students – Collis Floyd
- International Students – Agony Siwela
- LGBTQIA+ Students – Stephanie Newman
- Students of Color – Stacy Chavis
On May 13, 2020, an updated Student Council Constitution was approved by the student body via Referendum and adopted via motion by the Student Council. You must be logged into your Luther Seminary g-mail account to access it.
All students/student groups can request Student Council funds for events and activities throughout the academic year via this form. Contact the Student Council Treasurer at email@example.com with questions.