Student Council is a student-elected body of representatives who advocate for high-quality community, academic and student life at the seminary. Student Council meets monthly as a full council and typically one other time a month in smaller action teams.
Meetings are open to all who care to join, and each officially recognized student group is allowed to have one member as a representative to the council to join in voting on important decisions. Main council duties include empowering students by giving them a voice and offering support to student groups.
Meetings are open to the student body.
Meetings for 2022-23
- The first Monday of every month at 1:00 PM CST
- Minutes from previous meetings are in a shared Google folder; you must be logged into your Luther Seminary g-mail account to access it.
Student Council Representatives
- President – Lauren Mildahl, M.Div. (she/her/hers)
- Vice President – James Akuwa (Akuwa), M.A.
- Secretary – Em Clements, M.Div. (she/her)
- Treasurer -Matt Jewell, M.Div.
- Residential M.Div. Junior – Erik Nelson
- Residential M.Div. Middler – Sarah Bauer
- Residential M.Div. Senior – Hans Lundquist
- Distributed Learning M.Div. Junior – Katie Weiland
- Distributed Learning M.Div. Middler – Jared Fischer
- Distributed Learning M.Div. Senior – D.J. Chatelaine
- M.Div. Interns – Trevor Skorburg
- Residential M.A. Academic Programs – Jacob Summerville
- Residential M.A. Professional Programs – Alyssa Saleem
- Distributed Learning M.A. Academic Programs – Jonam Wang
- Distributed Learning M.A. Professional Programs – Claire Meyer
- M.Div.X – Stacy Chavis
- Th.M. – Esther K. Sianipar
- Doctoral – Bryant Kumlin
- Ecumenical Students – Tawk Lian
- International Students – Anoop David Entrapati
- LGBTQIA2S+ Students – Stephanie Newman
- BIPOC Students – Chantal Branker
On May 13, 2020, an updated Student Council Constitution was approved by the student body via Referendum and adopted via motion by the Student Council. You must be logged into your Luther Seminary g-mail account to access it.
All students/student groups can request Student Council funds for events and activities throughout the academic year via this form. Contact the Student Council Treasurer at email@example.com with questions.