- Immunization Form
- Background Check
- Healthy Boundaries Workshop
- Authorization for Release Form
- Annual Title IX Training
The Immunization Form is required of all students and must be completed within forty-five days of the start of the academic term for which you are registered. International Students will indicate this information on the Certificate of Health sent by ISSA prior to your arrival on campus.
Return the completed form to:
2481 Como Ave
St. Paul MN 55108
Minnesota Law (M.S. 135A.14) requires proof that all students born after 1956 and enrolled in a public or private post-secondary school in Minnesota are vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exemptions. This form is designed to provide the school with the information required by the law and will be available for review by the Minnesota Department of Health and the local community health board.
Submit a Background Check
Background checks are required of all students in every degree program by the end of their first semester. There is more than one method to fulfill this requirement:
- Ask your ELCA candidacy committee or denominational judicatory body to send a copy of a recent background check to Luther Seminary, Student Affairs office.
- Complete a background check by logging into Castle Branch at www.castlebranch.com and follow the instructions. Students will click on the ‘Place Order’ button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Next, enter the Package Code LU20 in the box to continue with the process.
- International Students: International students who were granted a student visa by a U.S. Consulate or Embassy and have not previously been in the U.S. may have fulfilled this requirement; contact the International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA) office to verify.
Complete a Healthy Boundaries Workshop
- Workshops are required of every student in a degree program.
- They are offered several times a year both during Orientation and during some intensive courses. You must be logged into MyLutherNet to register.
- Documentation of successful participation is to be kept on file in the Dean of Students office.
- Review the policy document.
Master of Divinity
Internship placement will not be possible without documentation of successful participation in such a workshop. For M.Div. students who have the internship requirement waived, completion of the workshop is required for registration for senior level courses.
Master of Arts
Students need to complete the workshop prior to the semester in which they intend to complete their academic program.
Graduate Theological Education
Master of Theology, Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Ministry students need to complete a workshop prior to graduation.
Authorization for Release Form
For all students in the candidacy process, Luther Seminary must have your signed permission before releasing information to your denominational judicatory. If students change denominational affiliation while enrolled, a new Authorization for Release form must be submitted.
Complete Online Title IX Training (annually)
Title IX Training is an annual requirement for the Luther Seminary community. Students will receive an email with instructions on how to access the online training program at the beginning of every Fall semester. Failure to complete the online training program within the allotted timeframe will result in a hold on your student account, meaning you will not be able to register for your next term.
As Luther Seminary fulfills our mission to educate leaders for Christian communities, we are committed to a work and learning environment free of harassment. To demonstrate our commitment and fulfill the requirements of the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act of 2013, we are required to have every faculty member, staff member, and student complete a sexual harassment prevention training program.
This online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your years at Luther Seminary and beyond.