Luther Seminary’s international students are just some of the students who make up our ecumenical and diverse student body. An international student is defined as an individual living and studying in the U.S. on an F-1, J-1, or another non-immigrant status (including R-1) visa.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, Luther Seminary welcomed 36 international students in a variety of programs from 23 different countries. Current international students are from:
Canada, China, Ethiopia, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Liberia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Russia, South Korea, Suriname, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Applying to Luther Seminary
Prospective international students can find information about Luther Seminary’s degree programs and application requirements on the Admissions page.
We also encourage potential international students to consult the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Study in the States website and potential international scholars to consult the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program website.
About the Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs
The Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA):
- partners with the Admissions Office for all international applicants, assisting students with application requirements and financial solvency documents. ISSA also evaluates and verifies the accreditation and/or degree of foreign academic credentials;
- partners with the Academic Dean’s Office on invitations to international scholars;
- assists in coordinating financial resources and administering scholarship funds for all international students and scholars;
- provides relevant services and support for international students and scholars at Luther Seminary;
- leads the seminary in compliance with U.S. Federal regulations as they relate to international students/scholars who come to study, research, teach, and relate at the seminary;
- works alongside leadership for the internationalization efforts of the seminary.
Chenar E. E. Howard
Director of International Student and Scholar Affairs
PDSO & RO
Roberta (Bobbie) Dale
Executive Assistant to the Dean of Students/Vice President for Inclusion and Belonging
DSO & ARO
LOCATION: Bockman Hall 202
FAX: (+1) 651-641-3274
International Student and Scholar Affairs
2481 Como Ave
St. Paul, MN 55108 USA