Luther Seminary’s international students are just some of the students who make up our ecumenical and diverse student body. An international student is defined as an individual living and studying in the U.S. on an F-1, J-1, or another non-immigrant status (including R-1) visa.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, Luther Seminary welcomes 48 international students in a variety of programs from 20 different countries. Current international students are from:
Canada, China, Dominica, Ethiopia, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Liberia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nigeria, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Applying to Luther Seminary
Prospective international students can find information about Luther Seminary’s degree program and application requirements on the Admissions page.
We also encourage potential international students to consult the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Study in the States website and potential international scholars to consult the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program website.
International Students Group
There is an invitation-only group (login required) on Moodle for international students. You will be added to the group upon your enrollment at Luther Seminary.
About the Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs
The Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA):
- serves as the primary contact for all international applicants, assisting students with application requirements and financial solvency documents. The ISSA also reviews, verifies and evaluates the accreditation and/or degree of foreign academic credential;
- assists in identifying and coordinating financial resources and administering scholarship funds for all international students;
- provides relevant services and support for international students and scholars at Luther Seminary;
- leads the seminary in compliance with U.S. Federal regulations as they relate to international students/scholars who come to study, research, teach, relate and work at the seminary;
- provides leadership for the international efforts of the seminary.
Marie Y. Hayes
PDSO & RO
Chenar E. E. Howard
Associate Director of Student Affairs, DSO & ARO
LOCATION: Bockman Hall 203
PHONE: (+1) 651-641-3469
FAX: (+1) 651-641-3274
International Student and Scholar Affairs
2481 Como Ave
St. Paul, MN 55108 USA