In this devotion, Michael DeKraai ’90 M.Div. asks, How do we imagine the fear of the Lord? Read today’s God Pause.
Current students: the Festival of Homiletics is in our own backyard this year and there is a seminary student admission. On the registration site, click to register on the in-person event. On the page where you enter all of your information, there will be a question that asks – Are you a full-time seminary student? When you answer “yes” you will receive a promo code (LUTHERSEM) that gives you free admission. Hope to see you there!
From February 2-10 event booking will be limited to emergent needs only. Please get all bookings for this time in by January 31 if possible. Response time will be slower than normal and we ask that you check the EMS Calendar to confirm your booking. If you have an immediate booking need during this time, please self-service and visit the EMS calendar. Requests happening after this window will be booked after February 10. Thank you for your cooperation!
Anyone else missing trivia? Well, you’re in luck! Join us virtually Wednesdays February 1, 8, and 15 at 12 pm CST to play in a battle of wits. You and your team of 4 (you can create teams beforehand or be randomly assigned) will compete in a battle of wits for fabulous prizes—a $5 gift certificate to any national brand of your choosing per winning team player. This is open to all student, staff and faculty. DL, residential, and commuters welcome! See email for Zoom link.
Get your dice ready! Jacob Summerville (’24) will be hosting two Dungeons & Dragons one-shots virtually. Please sign up here. A few things to note:
- Make sure you’d have 3-4 hours open to play.
- You will have to create your character before the session. If you want assistance, contact Jacob Summerville (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please sign up for just one One-Shot so as many people as possible can play.
- Session 1: Thursday, February 9th, 5pm CST
- Session 2: Friday, February 10, 4pm CST
- Reach out to Community Life (email@example.com) or Jacob Summerville with any questions.
In this devotion, Michael DeKraai ’90 M.Div. writes about seeing God at work in worship. Read today’s God Pause.