Account Info & Financial Aid
Check your account balance and course and fee statement.
Login to the online financial aid portal.
(NOTE: both services require login.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the deadline for tuition payments?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- I’m receiving a student loan. How do I use the funds to pay my tuition?
- When will my refund check arrive?
- Does Luther Seminary offer health insurance for students?
- I have a loan deferment form from my student loan servicer that needs to be filled out. What do I do?
What’s the deadline for tuition payments?
The payment schedule for tuition is:
- Fall Semester – payments are due October 15th
- J-Term – payments are due March 15th
- Spring Semester – payments are due by March 15th
- Summer Term – payments are due by July 1st.
If you are on a payment plan, payments are due by the 15th of each month. Tuition payments are made in the Business Office. Please refer to the current academic catalog for specific tuition rates and fees.
How do I apply for financial aid?
Find the documents you need to submit to apply for financial aid and review your status here (login required). Contact the financial aid office with specific questions at email@example.com or (651) 641-3527.
I’m receiving a student loan. How do I use the funds to pay my tuition?
Most of the time, student loan funds are applied to your student account automatically. In the event that a paper student loan check is issued, it must be endorsed at the business office. You’ll be notified by email when the check arrives.
When will my refund check arrive?
Over-payments or excess federal financial aid will be removed from the student’s account no more than 11 days after it is applied, unless permission is received from the student to keep funds on the account. Other credit balances will remain on the student account unless a request is made to have a check refunded. Refund checks are mailed to the billing address on file with the registrar’s office unless a request is made to have the check sent to an alternate address.
Throughout the year requested refund checks will be generated and mailed on Fridays. Requests need to be in by noon on Wednesday.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
Does Luther Seminary offer health insurance for students?
Because the Affordable Care Act has increased the health insurance options for students, Luther no longer offers its own student policy. Instead, students have multiple options for obtaining coverage:
- As a covered dependent under a group health policy of a spouse or parents if under age 26.
- An individual policy purchased directly from a private health insurer.
- An individual policy purchased through the Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov
- Medicaid or other government programs if you qualify, based on your state of residence.
I have a loan deferment form from my student loan servicer that needs to be filled out. What do I do?
Contact the Registrar’s Office if you have a form from your loan company you need to be filled out. Fill out only the student section.