In the 2020-2021 academic year, Luther Seminary continues our transition towards our Campus of the Future with the sale of “lower campus” proceeding and our relocation to “upper campus.” Thus, available on-campus housing for 2020-2021 will be single furnished dormitory rooms in Bockman Hall and the Branston or Grantham Street houses (3-4 bedrooms).
Distributed Learning students and students commuting long distances can rent rooms on campus for intensives or residential focus sessions. Students interested in short-term housing can find more information and make reservations online.
The following established priorities remain for on-campus housing with the goal of maximizing the use of our available units and helping to foster community for our new students.
- Current on-campus residents enrolled in on-campus courses may request lease extensions or renewals; these are approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Incoming (new) International students (F-1 or J-1 visas; no family housing options).
- Incoming (new) PhD students.
- Incoming (new) residential students (first come, first served – assignments begin July 1, 2020).
- Continuing students that live off campus and are enrolled in on-campus (residential) courses.
To better align with the academic calendar, all leases will run through June 30, 2021, unless a shorter term is requested and approved. Rent is not being raised for 2020-21.
On Wed., May 13, Student Affairs hosted a Q&A session via Zoom on housing for this summer and the 2020-2021 academic year. A FAQ sheet was created from the questions submitted by those who attended the meeting and via email by students who could not attend the meeting.
- Given the need to continue to limit social interaction, all rooms in Bockman Hall will be rented as single rooms;
- There are no plans to relocate/replace “God’s Gym” from Stub Hall at this time;
- Parking for the Branston Street houses will be available on the street and in the campus-owned parking lots; Facilities will be using the garages;
- Through an agreement with the lower campus buyers for a limited time, LDR (partially furnished efficiency & 1-bedroom apartments) will be used for short-term stays. If needed, LDR will be used to isolate residential students diagnosed with COVID-19.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.