Current and incoming students will be notified when information about housing options for the 2020-2021 academic year is available.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, the process is on hold until April 15.
In the 2020-2021 academic year, Luther Seminary continues our transition towards our Campus of the Future with the sale of “lower campus” proceeding and our relocation to “upper campus.” Thus, available on-campus housing for 2020-2021 will be furnished dormitory rooms in Bockman Hall (both residential and short-term use) and the Branston or Grantham Street houses.
Distributed Learning students and students commuting long distances can rent rooms on campus for intensives or residential focus sessions. Students interested in short-term housing can find more information and make reservations online.
To better align with the academic calendar, all leases will run through June 30, 2021, unless a shorter term is requested and approved.
The following established priorities remain for on-campus housing with the goal of maximizing the use of our available units and helping to foster community for our new students.
- Current on-campus residents enrolled in on-campus courses may request lease extensions or renewals; these are approved on a case-by-case basis
- Incoming (new) International students (F-1 or J-1 visas; no family housing options)
- Incoming (new) PhD students
- Incoming (new) residential students (first come, first served – assignments begin July 1, 2020)
- Continuing residential students enrolled in on-campus courses
- Given space constraints, double rooms in Bockman Hall cannot be rented as single rooms;
- There are no plans to relocate/replace “God’s Gym” at this time;
- Parking for the Branston Street houses will be available on the street and in the campus-owned parking lots; maintenance will be using the garages;
- Through an agreement with the lower campus buyers for a limited time, LDR is being converted into short-term housing for students attending intensives and residential focus sessions.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.