What is it?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Health professionals are learning more about it with each day. As with any infectious disease, hygiene practices such as frequent and thorough handwashing, covering coughs, and not touching your face remain the most effective ways to stop its transmission. At the same time, we are aware that this new virus poses additional risks—and we take them seriously. We are closely monitoring the situation in order to respond quickly and according to expert recommendations.
Center for Disease Control Info
With an avalanche of information and opinions available, students, faculty and staff must rely on reputable sources of information when seeking information about COVID-19. We recommend you visit the CDC’s website for additional information. The CDC has provided the following information:
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Stop the spread of germs – help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19
- Share facts about COVID-19 to help prevent stigma
What should I do if I get sick?
If you are a student, faculty member, or staff member who develops symptoms or if you have had contact with someone who has tested positive, first call a healthcare provider, stay at home, and then notify Luther Seminary by contacting Ashley Jordan, associate director of human resources, at email@example.com. She will help coordinate a response for the safety of our community.
Luther Seminary has taken the following precautions:
- We are attending weekly conference calls for higher education being held by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- We have created a task force with representatives from each department at the seminary to create emergency operational plans.
- We are closely monitoring recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and adhering to them.
- We are performing daily and routine cleaning of facilities and as well as deep cleaning sanitization of communal spaces.