In today’s God Pause, Ben McDonald Coltvet, Associate Director of Digital Content for Faith+Lead, reflects on how God is an artist. Read today’s God Pause.
Archives for March 20, 2023
Join Pastor Jeni, the chapel staff, and our preacher of the week at 10 a.m. CT as we discuss our text of the week. Please see the Community Announcements email for the Zoom link.
Scripture: Ezekiel 37:1-14
We gather in the Chapel of the Incarnation and online for Chapel. On Thursday, we gather in the OCC Dining Room and on Zoom.
10 a.m. CT Monday, March 20th
Monday Morning Text Study
Join Pastor Jeni, the chapel staff, and our preacher of the week as we discuss the text of the week. See Community Annoucements email for Zoom link.
Scripture: Ezekiel 37:1-14
11 a.m. CT Tuesday, March 21st
Service of the Word
Preacher: Isiah Dennis, class of ’22
11 a.m. CT Wednesday, March 22nd
Service of Holy Communion
Preacher: Cameron Howard, Associate Professor of Old Testament
11 a.m. CT Thursday, March 23rd
Lunch Church x Why Jesus?
Speaker: Jennie Wojchiechowski, Assistant Professor of Church History
4:30 p.m. CT Thursday, March 23rd
Choir Practice in the Chapel of the Incarnation
All are welcome, regardless of skill level
11 a.m. CT Friday, March 24th
Hymns of Faith
Led by: Jonathan Rundman
As a friendly reminder to all Staff, Faculty, and Students Workers, in April 2023, we will begin issuing one payroll per month. There will no longer be a payroll on the 5th of the month. So all housing allowances and student workers’ pay will be issued on the 20th of every month from this date and thereafter.
We also have the On Demand Payment option set up in Paylocity for all employees to use. This allows you to tell Paylocity you want an advance on your pay. This functionality is directly between Paylocity and the employee.
For your assistance, you may learn more from one or more helps:
1. HR will assign a training video to all student employees to go more in-depth on how to access this benefit.
2. There are also instructions on how to use this on the Paylocity mobile app under More options> Knowledge Base>(Type in:) “Use On-Demand Payment”
3. You can find printable instructions here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRCGGpiOW_uU7U4AOf05NAqrCqe16h0h/view?usp=sharing. This will give you a step-by-step version of how to use this resource if you would like an advance. All supervisors will also have copies of these instructions to share with student employees.
If you need any further assistance, please contact your manager or the Payroll Manager, Carrie Johnson.
What answers does our theological education provide for the African context? Lessons from on-the-ground experience as pastors in South Africa.
Thursday, March 23, 2023. 5-7 p.m..
Event Address: Olson Campus Center, Dining Hall C
Refreshments will be provided by Sam Lauer (chef for the Lunch Church!)
Reported employee cases: 0
Reported student cases: 0
Students in quarantine or isolation: 0
Reported cases only include students and employees who have been on campus within a period of time during which they may have been contagious. According to the CDC this includes two days prior to the onset of symptoms or a positive test.
If you have recently tested positive for COVID-19, or if you are an unvaccinated individual who has been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (close contact is defined as being within 6 feet of that person for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period), please report that to the appropriate person. For employees, that person is Michael Morrow (email@example.com). Students should contact Leon Rodrigues (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact Tracing Protocol
When an on-campus case of COVID-19 is reported, that person is first asked to stay off-campus and quarantine in accordance with CDC guidelines. In addition, the seminary takes two steps for contact tracing:
1. The Minnesota Department of Health is notified, per guidelines for institutions of higher education
2. The person reporting the case is asked to identify “close contacts”; the close contacts identified are notified of the exposure and asked to follow CDC guidelines for testing and quarantining (quarantine applies only to close contacts who are unvaccinated).