It’s almost RFS week! There will be all sorts of fun activities and yummy lunches happening on campus this week (look for the BIG tent — that’s where the action will be!), but we could kick off another school year without a … BLOCK PARTY! Join us 3-5 p.m. today, Friday, September 17, on the Bockman lawn for dinner and the famous Root Beer and Hymn Singalong. Jonathan Rundman and his family will lead us, and dinner will be provided. Hope to see you there! (Note: There will be designated areas for those who would like to sing, those who would like to sing masked, and those who would prefer not to sing.)
Archives for September 17, 2021
Money and Minimalism Webinar – Free for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Date: Monday, October 11, 2021
Time: 10-11:30 a.m. Central
Location: Zoom – Registration Link
More than just an art movement, minimalism is a growing philosophy and lifestyle that people around the world are choosing over a life of conspicuous consumption, debilitating debt, and over-scheduled calendars. Discover what living a minimalist life might look like for you; explore ways to declutter your living space, simplify your money life, and get rid of things that are anchoring you down.
The Stewardship Leaders Program, in partnership with Lutheran Social Services, is excited about offering this Money and Minimalism webinar free for all Luther students, faculty, and staff. This topic was chosen based on your input through a Financial Wellness survey we did last fall. Thank you so much for telling us what you need!
Questions? Contact Arlene Flancher (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Grace Pomroy (email@example.com) of the Stewardship Leaders Program.
CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) Info Session
What is CPE and how do I find a site? Please join Contextual Learning staff online for this info session at 1 p.m. Central Tuesday, September 21. Please use this Zoom link. The password will provided in the community announcements email.
With more people on campus, we are revising campus building hours beginning immediately. The regular schedule will be:
Olson Campus Center: Open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Bockman Hall: Open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Gullixson Hall: Will be open for library hours and when classes are scheduled
Building hours may be adjusted to accommodate Residential Focus Sessions or other campus events.
We will observe this schedule and make changes as necessary to match the needs of the campus community. All schedule changes will be communicated via Community Announcements.
As a reminder, while buildings are now open to Luther Seminary students, faculty, and staff, they continue to be closed to the general public.
Residential Focus Session Meals – BYOB and Other Important Info
Thank you to everyone who RSVP’d for meals over the next week; we look forward to welcoming everyone to campus!
Please keep a few things in mind during the lunches over the next week:
- BYOB: Bring your own beverage, not beer! 🙂 We will have root beer at the Friday Root Beer and Hymns. However, for the remainder of the week will not have beverages available.
- The meals will be served from the covered area next to the patio behind Olson Campus Center. You can choose if you would like to sit outside or inside.
- Please wear a mask when picking up your meal.
- Lunches will be served at 11:30 a.m. (or immediately following chapel) on Saturday, September 18; Monday, September 20; Wednesday, September 22; Thursday, September 23; and Friday, September 24.
- We have done our best to accommodate all dietary preferences/allergies indicated in the RSVP. If you have a severe allergy, we cannot guarantee that no cross-contamination has occurred; please take necessary precautions.