Many of Luther Seminary’s on-campus students, faculty, and staff have received vaccinations or plan to be vaccinated in the near future. Based on surveys conducted with employees in April and with students in May, at least 93% of employees and 92% of students have received at least one shot or intend to receive the vaccine when eligible (99% confidence level).
As many people receive vaccines and COVID-19 cases in the United States decline, we are beginning to discuss returning to campus. As of now, employees may choose to return to campus for work. You do not need to use the building sign-up sheet to come to campus, but we do ask that you check in at Olson Campus Center (OCC) each day when you arrive until further notice.
In mid-June the seminary will have made a final decision about whether or not to hold fall classes on campus. Luther has already decided to open up on-campus housing to new residential students in September. The seminary’s buildings will remain closed to the general public.
As more people return to campus, we ask that everyone keep in mind the following:
- COVID-19 vaccines are strongly encouraged but not mandated.
- Masks are required in indoor common areas.
- Social distancing is required indoors.
- OCC and all classrooms have air conditioning, and MIRV filters have been installed per CDC guidelines. If you wish to have an air conditioning unit installed in your space in Bockman Hall, please submit a maintenance request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classrooms and common areas will be cleaned daily. Sanitizing solution and wipes are available for your use.