ELCA Fund for Leaders – Federal Chaplaincy Ministries Scholarship – 2021
To be selected for an ELCA Fund for Leaders (FFL) Federal Chaplaincy Ministries Scholarship students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Must be attending an ELCA seminary on what their seminary considers a full-time basis
• Must be preparing for ministry as a military, Veterans Administration (VA), or federal prison chaplain and enrolling or enrolled as a Master of Divinity student at an ELCA seminary
• Military applicants must be appointed as a chaplain candidate and a commissioned officer. VA hospital or prison chaplaincy applicants must have completed one unit of CPE.
• Must be pursuing a place on the ELCA roster of Ministers of Word and Sacrament (pastors)
• Must provide Fund for Leaders a Synod Authorization Form signed by the synod bishop (document available in application)
• Must not be a full-time intern during the upcoming academic year
The following types of students are eligible:
• Studying full-time
• Residential or non-residential
• Word and Sacrament (pastor) candidate and enrolled in M.Div. degree program
• Not on full-time internship
• Students applying for FFL full-tuition scholarships may also apply for FCM scholarship. Please reference the FAQ page to learn about receiving multiple FFL scholarships.
APPLICANTS: You can apply for this scholarship through ELCA GrantMaker. Your window for applying is February 15–March 15. You will be informed of scholarship decisions no later than April 9. If you are chosen as a recipient, you will receive half of the total amount for your fall semester, and the remaining half for spring semester. Fund for Leaders automatically sends payment to your seminary in your name.
Please contact the Financial Aid Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information on completing the application.
For eligibility questions contact email@example.com or 773-380-2936.