Luther Seminary offers students a variety of housing options located on or near campus.
- Stub Hall provides dormitory rooms for individual students needing furnished accommodations and affordable housing;
- Duplexes and houses offer students and families an alternative to apartment living.
- Distributed Learning students and students commuting long distances can rent rooms on campus for intensives. Students interested in short-term housing can find more information and make reservations online.
The 2019-2020 academic year will be a year of transition for our campus as our buildings undergo construction and remodeling towards our Campus of the Future. Given this, the following priorities have been established for on-campus housing with the goal of maximizing the use of our available units and helping to foster community for our new students.
- Current on-campus residents enrolled in on-campus courses requesting lease extensions or renewals (approved on a case-by-case basis)
- Incoming (new) International students (F-1 or J-1 visas; limited family housing options)
- Incoming (new) Ph.D. students
- Incoming (new) residential students (first come, first served – assignments begin July 1, 2019)
- Continuing residential students enrolled in on-campus courses
During the campus transition process, all rents will remain the same cost as the 2018-19 academic year. All leases (except LDR) will run through May 31, 2020, unless a shorter term is requested and approved.
The most significant changes in our campus housing options are as follows:
- The priorities as noted above.
- Given space constraints, double rooms in Stub cannot be rented as single rooms.
- LDR is being converted into short-term housing for students attending intensives since Bockman Hall is going off-line in October 2019.
- One of the houses is going off-line to pilot for short-term housing for students attending intensives.
- Two of the houses are being held for faculty office space; if these are not needed, they will open to residential students for housing.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.